How to Prepare for the Ultimate Metal Music Festival Experience in 2018
Summer is around the corner, and it’s time to get hyped for some of the most exhilarating metal concerts and festivals happening throughout the world! With a lineup full of thundering guitars, intense percussion, and electrifying vocals that cater to a wide variety of heavy metal enthusiasts, these festivals are sure to be unforgettable experiences for every attendee. So let’s crank up those amps and explore how you can prepare for an ultimate metal music festival experience in 2018!
1. Research your festival: Before making any plans, research all available information about the festival you wish to attend. This includes its location, dates, bands performing, camping or stay options available (depending on whether it’s a multi-day event or not).
2. Travel arrangements: Once you have all details handy about your chosen festival venue & the hosts taking care of accommodation nearby(or far), go ahead with booking your travel tickets accordingly if necessary.
3. Packing essentials: When packing essentials items for attending a metal concert/festival keep in mind that this is an outdoor activity with endurance required. Essential items usually would include sunscreen (SPF-30+), insect repellent (make sure it doesn’t smell too sweet lest riled by insects), comfortable footwear(hiking boots/well fitted sneakers), hats/caps, rain ponchos/poncho liners and warmer clothing layers if needed depending where attended.
4. Bring earplugs: Yes! You heard that right – bring earplugs as they can make wonders for protecting your hearing during prolonged exposure to loud music decibel levels generated at such events
5. Hydration & Food availability: Metal Festivals can run into long hours hence hydration and food supply should be planned in advance considering enough water bottles , isotonic drinks like ‘Gatorade’ / ‘Powerade’ etc ..that will aid replenishing lost electrolytes/rate lost through sweating profusely., Food stalls ensure good option , both vegan and non-vegan, that will curb hunger in addition provide healthy food options as well.
6. Manners & Etiquette: It’s important to remember that during the festival, you’re sharing your space with thousands of other heavy metal enthusiasts. Keep it cool and show respect for fellow concertgoers, respect the rules; don’t litter or smoke in within prohibited spaces (if any), keep yourself updated on all safety measures implemented by organizers and be mindful of possible noise complaints the alcohol consumption may generate- its great being fun itself but one needs to keep safety considerations in mind always.
7. Comfortable Clothing: Festival dressing codes are generally relaxed allowing for creative and laid-back outfits that express ‘you’ as an individual while appropriate looking smart too! Dark colors are preferred thus enabling better viewing at night time under strong lights, T-shirts is a popular choice allowing for comfortable yet trendy wear, long shorts/pants generally fit well blending comfort with protective wear due various outdoor climates.
8. Have Fun: Let loose,enjoy yourselves completely- meeting new people,friends/colleagues through these events , discovering new music mingling together under a common passion themes bringing like minded acquaintances together… It’s all about cherishing your individuality combining elements of style , music tastes and come united forming unforgettable memories which will last a lifetime!
With these tips in mind, you’ll have prepared yourself physically and mentally for an incredible experience at any multi-day metal festival this year has to offer. So let’s get ready to witness some legendary performances ahead – rock on!
A Step-by-Step Breakdown of the Best Metal Music Festivals Happening in 2018
The metal music scene is constantly evolving, and nowhere is this more evident than in the annual metal music festivals held around the globe. These festivals offer a chance for fans of the genre to come together and celebrate all things heavy and hard-hitting. From legendary headliners to new up-and-comers, there’s something for everyone at these events.
If you’re looking to attend one of these legendary festivals in 2018, then strap yourself in because we’ve got a step-by-step breakdown of the most exciting metal festivals happening this year.
1. Wacken Open Air – Germany
Let’s start with one of the biggest and most well-known metal festivals out there: the Wacken Open Air festival. Held annually in Wacken, Germany, this festival boasts an impressive lineup of some of the biggest names in metal such as Judas Priest, In Flames and Arch Enemy among others.
What makes this festival so special is not just its comprehensive lineup but also its unique atmosphere that only a small town can provide. The streets are lined with vendors selling all manner of merchandise, while bands perform impromptu sets on various street corners.
2. Download Festival – UK
For those looking for their dose of metal across the pond, Download Festival in Donington Park, UK is our pick. With headliners Avenged Sevenfold, Guns N’ Roses and Ozzy Osbourne set to rock out along side other heavy hitting acts like Bullet for My Valentine and Parkway Drive over three days.
Download attracts diehard fans from all over Europe who make their pilgrimage each year to camp out with thousands of others who share their love for everything loud and heavy.
3. Hellfest – France
Hellfest may not be as well-known as some other European festivals but it has quickly gained a reputation as one of the heaviest & most popular fest there is! Also held over 3 days at Clisson Necropolis in France, it has already sold out months ago, a testament to it’s reputation.
The star studded lineup features huge names such as Iron Maiden, Marilyn Manson and Stone Sour among others. A lot of the band sets happen simultaneously across different stages which makes timing key!
4. Tuska Open Air – Finland
Tuska Open Air festival held annually in Helsinki, Finland is quickly becoming one of the most attention grabbing festivals on the circuit. It attracts fans mainly due to its focus on local acts with particular attention paid towards Scandinavian metal specifically.
While Tuska may lean towards being a smaller festival in size compared to others but you’ll be treated to a more intimate experience than other equivalent sized fests. This years lineup includes Body Count ft. Ice-T, Arch Enemy and Gojira among others.
5. MetalDays Festival – Slovenia
Our final pick is MetalDays Festival held every summer at the banks of Soca River in Tolmin region of Slovenia. Featuring headliners like Children Of Bodom and Napalm Death along with amazing indie bands in metal scene (everyone from Trollfest to Avven) this shows promise big time for any fan who wants an unique location and atmosphere for their heavy music weekender!
In conclusion, there are plenty of incredible metal festivals happening all over Europe that offer something for everyone. From legendary acts to new up-and-comers hailing from independent labels around the continent these festivals have got everything covered if you’re wanting your fix of crunchy chord progressions & mosh pit fun all year round!
Metal Music Festivals 2018 FAQ: Answering Your Burning Questions
Metal music festivals are always fun-filled events that bring together metalheads from all over the world. The energy, adrenaline rush and pure love for heavy music is what makes these festivals a must-to-attend occasion for many. As we gear up to embrace 2018 with open arms, it’s time to pre-plan our attendance at these metal music extravaganzas.
Whether you are a seasoned festival-goer or planning to attend your very first one, there might be some FAQs you have about them. Here’s a comprehensive guide answering all those frequently asked questions about metal fest 2018 –
1.What can I expect at these festivals?
If you’re into metal music, then attending a metal festival can be quite an adventure. You get to see your favourite bands perform live in front of you along with various other underrated bands playing throughout the day. Often there are after-parties happening inside and outside the main event which lasts till dawn.
2.Where can I find information about upcoming festivals?
Start by checking out relevant websites listing popular fests such as Wacken Open Air in Germany or Hellfest Open Air Festival in France. Marketing tools like social media platforms ads, concerts poster and flyers also promote upcoming tours & shows too! There’s often email newsletters sent out by organizers containing information on lineups sometimes providing exclusive perks for subscribers.
3.How do I book tickets?
You can purchase festival passes through their official websites or via authorized agents they approve of such as Eventbrite or Skiddle etc.. Keep yourself informed regarding tickets as there are different types available and they vary across different festivals.
4.What is camping like at a festival?
Camping is always an exciting part of any festival experience—it brings people together who share common interests while enjoying beautiful scenery…or so we hope! In order to enjoy camping make sure you carry all your essential requirements-from tents to sleeping bags to portable charger etc..
5.What should I wear to a metal festival?
It’s not surprising that most metalheads dress in black or their favourite band’s merchandise. Traditionally, the fashion statement at these festivals is DIY-inspired looks including torn t-shirts, skinny jeans, and denim jackets adorned with patches of different bands.[i]
6.What can I bring into the festival grounds?
Unless otherwise explicitly specified, you can carry a cooler bag or backpack with you filled with water, phones/cameras, lighters and other essentials. However all events have their own policies on permitted items-check out the event notepad on Facebook for intel.
7.How safe are the festivals?
Although rare occurrences do happen it is essential to remain safe by following basic tips such as carrying your Id , mobile phone(s) and staying hydrated especially in extreme weather conditions & overcrowded positions.
Attending heavy music festivals is everyone’s cup-of-tea these days but make sure to follow Dos/donts of each festival (as they’re each unique to there environment) accordingly stay safe while headbanging!
The Top 5 Must-Know Facts About Metal Music Festivals Happening in 2018
Attention all metalheads! 2018 has certainly been an exciting year for metal music festivals all over the world. From the classic headbanging festivals like Wacken to newer ones like Chicago Open Air, there’s something for every type of metal lover out there. To make your festival experience even more enjoyable, we’ve rounded up the top 5 must-know facts about metal music festivals happening in 2018.
1. The Lineups are Insanely Impressive: Every year, metal music festivals bring together some of the biggest names in heavy metal, and 2018 is no different. Some of this year’s most anticipated headliners include Slayer, Tool, Iron Maiden and Avenged Sevenfold. Not only that but also their supporting acts such as Mastodon and Parkway Drive will surely leave you begging for more.
2. There’s More Than Music – Metal Festivals Are an Experience: Metal music festivals are not just about the bands playing on stage – they’re a whole event on their own. Many festivals offer interactive experiences such as live body painting or art installations that feature some of the most intricate fantasy artwork from around the world; keeping you entertained throughout your time at the festival.
3. Unique Themes That’ll Blow Your Mind: Some festivals take pride in unique themes which add even more fun to the overall atmosphere of a regular heavy-music festivity. Atlanta’s Heavy Hitters Festival boasts several quirky habitually moving themes each day including tracksuit night where everyone rocks vintage tracksuits from back in days along with a smoking area decorated like a pink bedroom called “Steph Curry’s Safe Space”. So don’t forget to check if any festival’s theme aligns with your taste before booking those tickets!
4. Camping Brings People Together: Festivals present an opportunity where you get to meet interesting individuals who share your passion for heavy sounds giving an exciting sense of community and comradery amongst fans of all types. From extravagant setups featuring tents à la glamping to makeshift villages sharing gear and food like a big family, the camping culture is something which has given festivals their unique feeling overtime.
5. Be Prepared for the Weather: Any festival veteran will tell you that weather can make or break your festival experience. Take Roskilde Festival in Denmark as an example, expect rain showers and wet muddy grounds – it’s an outdoor music event in Northern Europe we are talking about after all! Purchasing a pair of comfortable water-resistant boots and making sure that you’ve packed appropriate clothing according to the weather conditions is essential while attending metal festivals.
So there you have it – our top 5 must-know facts about metal music festivals happening in 2018. In summary, prepare for impressive line-ups featuring some of the biggest names in heavy metal along with interactive experiences, quirky themes, new friends made during camping escapades and ensuring you’re fully prepped to handle any given environmental condition so that it doesn’t affect your spirit for enjoying your moments at these incredible events. Now headbang on & rock it out! m/
What’s New and Exciting at Metal Music Festivals This Year? A Preview of 2018’s Lineup
The air is filled with anticipation as Metal music enthusiasts from all over the world prepare themselves for a year of epic performances and unforgettable memories. As we enter 2018, metal music festivals from around the globe are gearing up to bring us some of the most electrifying acts in heavy music history. From underground thrash legends to more mainstream rock gods, this year’s lineup promises to be nothing short of breathtaking.
One of the most exciting events on this year’s metal festival calendar is Bloodstock Open Air in Catton Hall, Derbyshire, UK. The event has become renowned over recent years as one of Europe’s premier heavy metal festivals, boasting a longstanding reputation for delivering exceptional line-ups featuring both established icons and emerging talent alike. Its 2018 roster comprises an impressive array of musical powerhouses that are set to take attendees on a wild ride during four days of intense headbanging and mosh pit madness.
Headlining the proceedings at Bloodstock Open Air this year will be Gothenburg-based In Flames who have rightfully earned their place as one of Sweden’s most successful exports in Metal history. They’ll be joined by hard-hitting blackened death metallers Watain – fresh off their latest album release “Trident Wolf Eclipse”. Other prominent names performing include Finnish battle brigade Ensiferum & German theatrical hard rockers Ahab whilst other lesser-known but just as powerful bands like Lelahell debut their guttural soundtracks.
In North America, metal-lovers can rejoice because there are equally momentous festivals taking place throughout the continent throughout 2018 such as Maryland Deathfest which slams into Baltimore on May 24th-27th . This death-and-black-metal inducing festival boasts an incredible lineup including Swedish melodic-death quartet At The Gates leading among a slew of other dangerous and brilliant acts guaranteed to satisfy your taste-buds for growling vocals and complex shredding guitar riffs craving actions.
In Texas, United States, the Hell and Heaven Metal Fest which will take place on May 5th in Mexico City’s Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez is also a must-see for metal enthusiasts this year. The event features some of the most high-energy acts in Metal music such as legends such as Hollywood industrial metallers Marilyn Manson to California thrashmasters Slayer who took their final bow last year concerts. Joining them are veteran groups like Anthrax all the way down to up-and-comers that’ll sure leave an impact – Night Demon being one of them.
As the year progresses so too does the excitement for some of Europe’s biggest events Thunderbolt Festival (Italy), Wacken Open Air (Germany) and Download Festival(UK). It hardly seems possible, but with each passing year these festivals just keep getting better and better! With headliners ranging from legendary rock bands like Guns N’ Roses to newer staples like Rise Against at Heavy Montreal Metalheads won’t be disappointed when attending their festival grounds over summer!
Whether you’re an aficionado or simply someone looking for new and exciting musical adventures, the metal music industry has plenty in store for you during 2018. Each event showcases unique aspects of the genre while providing top-notch performances by some of its most skilled practitioners. So gather your fellow metal-lovers today and set off on an epic journey through this year’s incredible line-up! Trust us – it’s going to be a wild ride!
Surviving the Elements: Tips for Weathering Any Situation at a Metal Music Festival in 2018
As the year progresses, heavy metal enthusiasts are eagerly awaiting their favorite music festivals to kick off. While we all love the hard-hitting sounds of metal, there are other factors that cannot be ignored when attending an outdoor event – Mother Nature can be unpredictable and might have her own plans for your weekend. So, it’s time to gear up and prepare yourself for any weather conditions you might encounter while attending a metal festival in 2018.
Here are some survival tips to help you brave the elements at a metal music festival this season:
1) Come Prepared
It’s always better to be safe than sorry, so make sure you come prepared with the necessary gear. Carry sunscreen to avoid getting sunburnt, sunglasses or a hat for protection against UV rays, bug spray and wipes to keep mosquitos away, and rain gear including hats or jackets.
2) Dress Appropriately
The worst thing is being uncomfortable because of inappropriate clothing choices. Ditch those flip flops and opt-in for closed-toe shoes that will protect your feet from mud or sharp objects on the ground. Bring layers of clothing as temperatures can fluctuate drastically throughout the day.
3) Stay Hydrated
Regardless if it’s hot or rainy outside, dehydration can sneak up on you very easily during a long day at a music festival. Always make sure you have water with you and take frequent breaks in shady areas to avoid heat exhaustion.
4) Check The Weather Forecast
While weather can turn unexpected sometimes despite how well-prepared we are, it’s essential always to check the forecast before leaving home. This way you’ll know what type of weather conditions you’re going into and can plan accordingly.
5) Listen To Your Body
There is nothing cool about getting sick during a music festival due to poor judgement calls made whilst partying too hard in extreme weather conditions. Pay attention to your body; if something feels wrong – like overheating or exhaustion – take care of yourself.
In conclusion, planning ahead and being ready for any weather condition can make a world of difference when attending a metal festival. From checking the forecast to dressing appropriately, taking these precautions can ensure an enjoyable weekend filled with headbanging and moshing to your favorite bands. So next time when you’re getting ready for an outdoor festival in 2018, remember these tips and survival skills, be responsible, have fun and stay safe!